Brought to you by FiT, in collaboration with world star presenter and multiple award-winner Lawrence Biscontini. This 3-day course will give you everything you need to know to excel in group fitness!
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Design and teach safe and effective cardio, strength and flexibility group classes for apparently healthy individuals
- Demonstrate an understanding of human movement and how it is properly trained in a group setting
- Demonstrate an understanding of pre-choreographed, pre-formatted and freestyle group training
- Teach group classes to music
- Properly use a combination of visual, verbal and kinesthetic cueing in class
- Progress and regress exercises for all levels in a given class
- Perform appropriate risk/benefit assessments
- Demonstrate the intrinsic and extrinsic qualities of a successful group instructor
- Explain the key elements to career development for group instructors
- Discuss instructor self-care and burnout prevention techniques
This course has been designed for anyone who wishes to lead safe and effective group fitness experiences for the apparently health adult including existing group fitness instructors, one on one trainers or fitness enthusiasts.
Who will be teaching?
Siti Zhywee, ACE FISAF Certified Personal Trainer, SSC Certified Fitness Instructor, SSC Certified Group Exercise Instructor, Piloxing Elite Star (Asia) and Master Trainer (Singapore).
Zhywee has been actively involved in the fitness industry with more than 10 years extensive experience. She has presented in fitness conventions in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia. She is the Chief Fitness Instructor for numerous seasons of weight management program “Lose To Win” by Health Promotion Board.